18 Sep Dakine 420 vs Athena: Conclusion
I completed the 2-week drying period for the plants on Tuesday of this week. I trimmed the 2 Dakine plants on that day and got 8.5 ounces off the front plant and 5 ounces off the smaller back plant. There was no mold noted in any of the buds and the harvest was placed in Grove bags for the curing process. I use the Grove bags as these will maintain your plant at the desired 58 to 62% humidity and do not require any burping (a big plus for saving time). I trimmed the front Athena plant on Weds and got 12.5 ounces off this plant. Thursday, I trimmed the back Athena plant and got 12 ounces and 25 grams. There was a small amount of bud rot noted in a couple of each of the Athena’s colas near the top. The back Athena was the plant that I did not do any pruning on and simply let it go natural process. This plant was larger and had more small buds around the lower 1/2 of the plant. Once we have finished the curing process, we will be having a sample of each plant tested at Seido Testing Labs for THC levels, and then have a taste test done afterwards. Of note, I was using the Athena Pro Line nutrients for this nutrient challenge.